I just listed some useful details for sharing.
Data source (under Freedom of Information legislation):
- Driving log of this test
- E-mails referring to the test
Items or conditions designed by Google:
- Pre-mapped highly-detailed map
- Pre-defined route of test, with agreement from DMV
- Road conditions
- Weather conditions (31 °C (88 °F), almost zero chance of rain or fog)
- Las Vegas
- Toyota Prius
- Driver’s seat – Chris Urmson, leader of Google Self-driving Car Project.
- Co-driver’s seat – Anthony Levandowski, engineer.
- Backseats – Bruce Breslow, a sportscaster and politician who was then head of the DMV.
- Backseats – Nancy Wojcik, in charge of testing and licensing for the state.
Three levels of autonomy:
- Fully autonomously
- Needed some help from Urmson
- Completely handed control over to Urmson
- Twice, done by Chris Urmson
- Detected and stopped for pedestrians
- Merged smoothly onto a freeway up to the local speed limit.
- Safely drove at crosswalks.
- Backed off when a bicycle weaved in front of the car, before passing the cyclist safely.
- Correctly anticipated a pedestrian running across the street
- Too slowly when approaching some lights.
- When faced with a partly blocked-off road, the car switched between autonomous and manual modes and then braked to a halt, requiring Urmson, the safety driver, to take control
- Roundabouts (assured officially by Google but never tested)
- Railroad crossings (may assured)
- Unpaved roads (may assured)
- School zones (may assured)
- Shopping centers (may assured)
- Rain (assured officially by Google but never tested )
- 4 May 2012
- License number: AU-001
- Expired: May, 2013